CARBON NEUTRAL CONVENTION CENTRE
The CCD is the first international carbon neutral convention centre
- EcoCem cement used during construction
- All unavoidable carbon emissions were offset by investing in carbon credits in accordance with the Voluntary Carbon Standards (VCS). Validation and verification of the venue was conducted by UN accredited auditors SGS
The Convention Centre, Dublin, is committed to long-term environmental sustainability in accordance with the International Standards Organisation (ISO) 14001.
All power at The CCD will be provided by a sustainable energy supplier
The CCD has integrated sustainable systems at the venue, including an integrated building automated system (IBAS) – an advanced or smart building management system, which will reduce overall energy consumption, such as energy saving sensors and reduced energy lamps e.g. LED
Waste Management – separate and recycle, and incinerate all other waste for energy
Compliance with eco-friendly purchasing e.g. Fair Trade tea and coffee
The CCD is located in Dublin City Centre, which is easily accessible by foot from most city centre hotels. It is also well served by public transport – train. Luas (tram) and bus
How you can ensure you minimize your impact while at IWA-WCE 2012
- During the congress ensure that you make the most of the venues location by using the public transport, city bicycles and pedestrian walkways.
- The Congress will only produce neccesary printed materials that will be created using paperstocks sourced from renewable stock forests.
- Use the recycling stations at the event for papers,plastics and waste products. Bins are found throughout the venue.
- Before you depart the congress, please take the opportunity to recycle your congress badge at the stations that will be provided.
Offset your Carbon Footprint from your travels to Dublin
Take a moment to calculate and reduce your carbon footprint
Carbon Footprint UK Click here
GCO2 – the carbon management company Click here
Trees Water People Click Here